Weeds Be Gone



July 5, 2012

Today was great! Almost every day, the kids want to go outside and jump on the trampoline (which shouldn't be a huge shocker, since they're kids!) but every day I have a silent battle with myself because I KNOW they are going to come in and out and in and out and the door is going to get left open and I will spend the rest of the afternoon swatting flies in the kitchen. Should that be my biggest concern? Is there something wrong with me? Nevermind, we'll talk about that another day :)
  Anyway today I decided I needed to get up off my booty anyway and get some yard work done, and I am so glad I did! The kids and I had a blast today, and on top of that I got a lot accomplished. The picture below is our backyard, and those stalks are big ole' fat weed/trees that grew up while we were lawn mower-less. Well today I dug them all up! 

While I was digging in the hot sun, my genius children were digging in the shade underneath the trampoline! Jo Boxer had gone under there and unburied a bone from about 3 months ago and left a nice hole for this kids. They were certain they were going to find a buried treasure under there so I told them to go for it, and because I'm mommy I get at least 30% if it's gold! Not only did they find treasures, they also found a frog! (Also thanks to Jo...) That was pretty cool for them. And I had gardening gloves on, so I got to pretend like I had no fear at all and pick it up for them to see better. Pretty sure I earned a few cool points there.
 After spending all day outside (Digging up weeds, frog hunting, swimming in the pool, stopping the ice cream truck, weeding the front flower beds, blowing bubbles in the driveway, going on a bike ride.......I guess that's all!!) I felt like a super good mom and the backyard looks a lot less crowded! Not the most exciting day to a lot of you I'm sure, but I had originally intended to "fold laundry" in the living room all day while watching reruns of Law&Order SVU.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like me, CSI and laundry. When I see pictures of your kids playing together it makes me sometimes wish Isabella had a sibling close in age so she had a friend that was always there to play with. And then I wonder how the fights go over toys. Isabella and my niece fight about everything and tattle on each other constantly. Those two cuties of yours look like poster children in photos. =]

    ReplyDelete