Excuses, excuses...

June 28th,

I know, I know...please don't kill me. Why I am having such a hard time blogging every night, AND taking pictures during the day?? About a million times today I said "Oh, this would be a great picture for my blog" or "Oh darn, I am walking out to the car and my camera is about 6 inches out of arm's reach.....oh well, I guess I'll take a picture of something when I get home" OK, so maybe I don't really say that out loud but it does happen. Laziness? Probably. You see, when I did this blog last time in 2010, I wasn't a fancy shmancy photographer girl (that's not a real award...I made it up and credited it to myself. Pretty awesome nontheless though.) All I did was stick my memory card into my computer and boom, they were in there. No funny business. I didn't know darn thing about "editing" the pictures I took, they looked how they looked and that was because that's how my camera said they were supposed to look. Silly me.The only thing I knew about photoshop was that I couldn't afford it. Now I know what all the editing software does, and I think a lot of people might tell you, that what I don't know now....is how to stop myself from editing too much! :) Anyway, my point is, now that I know what I'm doing, I have software that is needed to help me turn "oh, so pretty!" into "....wow!" and because I have that stuff, when I insert my memory card into the computer, it opens up all these programs and they hold my pictures hostage until I fine tune them and process them, only then will it release them into my normal pictures folder and let me put them on my blog. You see how hard it is?? Or is it laziness? Either way, I am going to be better. I AM GOING TO BE BETTER!! I'm pretty sure caps lock makes those types of promises easier to keep.

Oh by the way, I also did stuff today. I just got a little carried away in explaining WHY I have been not blogging. Today I babysat an adorable little boy. So cute and full of goodness that I could watch him for ever! (And I didn't take any pictures.....you see?) It's so funny when little babies come over because Averi just loves to help me, especially the little little ones who aren't sitting yet. She laid on the floor next to him and sang every song she knows (or almost knows) and she didn't stop when he laid there and smiled at her. She didn't stop when he started crying and was more interested in a bottle, she did however stop when he pulled her hair.....but only for a second. She finished all her songs and then went to go play :) She came back a little later with a few of her little people and asked him if he wanted to play with her. Ahhh, she's just so cute. My little helper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment