Painting Rainbows



June 26th,

I am absolutely in love with today's blog. You know how sometimes you have those days where you ACTUALLY do something and then you can't stop smiling and feeling like your the best mom ever? I didn't even do anything of much signifigance today and I still have that feeling! Well first, I woke up to the sound of Derrick cleaning the kitchen and that was a GREAT start to my day :) Then we decided to swap the kids' toys out. (Backstory: In March after Cael's birthday, I filled one portable toy box with as many toys as I could, I think it was his train set, all his toy story action figure things, and ocean animals...then I did the same thing with a toy box in Averi's room. Ponies, Little people, and a few babies.) Well it's been almost 4 months now, so today was the day we brought them inside and swapped them out for another group! The smiles on there faces were insane...like it was Christmas. And they spent the majority of the morning in there rooms playing. Plus, it was so much cheaper than actually buying new things!

After lunch I needed to make a trip to Office Depot to get a picture printed for a distressed canvas I will be making and I took Cael with me. He wasn't too keen on Hobby Lobby for some reason and didn't want to go in, so I told him if he could just come with me and help me pick out a canvas and a few new paintbrushes, I would take him window shopping in any other store he wanted to go in, just to spend time together. What did he pick? Kroger. What a nerd. So that's what we did! First at Hobby Lobby we got some water color paints in addition to the things I needed, then we headed over to Kroger for a little window shopping. Well, kind of, he picked out a box of fruit snacks and each of us a candy bar which I thought was pretty sweet of him. So after we got home and he showed off his goods to daddy and Averi, of course we had to paint! I said I was going to paint a rainbow, so the kids decided to join me and make rainbows for themselves! I love them both so much for so many different reasons. Averi's because it's absolutely hilarious and seems totally opposite of her normal character. She is all about pink and happiness, but when it comes to coloring she almost always chooses brown or black. I have no idea why. And apparently water colors are no different, she started with black and just mixed everything on top of it. She's so cute, I love how she is never afraid to go against the grain. Or I could be reading into too much because she is a two year old and this is how two year olds paint.....either way I think it's cute. Cael's I love because I just can't believe how fast my bow is growing. His favorite thing to do now is math. Yeah I know. And he can paint a pretty decent rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment