Blast Ball

June 7,2012

   Great day today! I woke up to the exciting realization that "The Glee Project" would be available to watch on Oxygen.com! That's probably only exciting to me, but last week I changed our DirecTV package so we could save a little more on our bill and I realized we were paying $13 a month extra for 3 channels. That's it! 3 channels that we watched anyway, the rest was all mumbo jumbo that we could care less about. (And when I say WE, I mean me....I am TV junkie) But anyway, one of those channels was Oxygen and I realized about 15 minutes after I canceled it, that the Glee Project was premiering THAT NIGHT. Talk about luck. I love the internet though and I'm ok with waiting a few days to watch my shows for free. Wow...off topic much? I'd say so! I promise there was more to my good day then just a tv show, I'm not THAT shallow :)
   The kids and I spent the morning out and about, running errands, playing on the mcdonald's playground during lunch, going to speech therapy 4 hours early... :) I thought today was an 11:30 day, but after 45 minutes of waiting I realized today is the 2:30 day instead. Oopsie. After all that was the best part of our Thursdays, Blast ball! Blast ball is a version of Tee Ball that is for 3 and 4 year olds and it is absolutely adorable. It's a lot less chaotic for them, and just introduces them to some of the fundamentals of base ball. Hit the ball, run to the base. If you didn't hit the ball, then you get to chase it down! There is only one base, they run to it and when they jump on it, it squeaks. I guess it's to keep the kids' attention. We love it. Cael is a Brave and he is #1 this year! We played last year as well, he was a Cub. I'm definitely going to be keeping all of his shirts. If baseball becomes something that he wants to keep playing, I think a big blanket would be a really cool "Happy High School Graduation" gift for him. If that day ever comes....which I doubt it will because I plan on keeping him semi-small forever! If Cael and his sister graduate high school, that means I would have to get older and to be honest, I just don't see that happening. And on the topic.....is a blanket even a "cool" present for a boy? What do you give to a boy that incorporates years and years of baseball shirts? Any ideas would be awesome, just comment below and I will write them down on a sticky note which will SURELY be around by the time he graduates high school in the year 2026!
   Night everyone, it's 11 and I am so ready for bed!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thomas still has his quilt his grandma made him. I think it would be great. Especially if he leaves home after he graduates. Something to remember his Momma by.

    ReplyDelete