Get out there!



June 25th,

Not the busiest day today. This morning was quiet and relaxed. Derrick and I want to go to the park this weekend and play a fun game of ultimate frisbee (haven't played that since high school!) so I have been trying to rally some players to come with us! It sure sounds like a fun way to beat cabin fever to me :) I think Cael being in blast ball in the summers is making me wish I was in high school again. Is that crazy? I don't WANT to be back in high school, but I do miss sports. And I'm sure there are plenty of sporty activities I could be doing now, and I'm sure "being a mom" is no excuse....but how to people find the time for stuff like that? I wouldn't even know where to start! Maybe I'll start looking into it though...and not only for softball either, it might sound a little cooky, but I really want to play capture the flag for some reason. Like real, intense, heart pounding through buildings and around corners trying not to get caught......weird? Yeah probably. But it sure sounds like fun!

Cael had a blast ball game today and he did so good :) It's really cute how into it he is getting, and we love watching him. Today during the game I looked over and saw him sitting in the dugout with his hat on backwards, drinking a gatorade and I thought to myself: Wow.....in the blink of an eye I might be at a high school baseball game and see this exact same image only with an older boy. One who's feet can reach the ground. Sad.

1 comment: