"Shadowing"

June 23rd,

Ahhh, it feels good to be back. The kids are in bed asleep (which makes it so much easier to think in full sentences) Actually, the previous blog post about my entire last week was done with my 2 year old daughter sitting on my lap trying to watch "Annie" on my iphone. It's hard to concentrate when all I can think is "little girls little girls...every where I look I see them. *hiccup*" lol. Silence is a lot easier to write in! So anyway, they are asleep, I am in my jammies and tucked all in my bed and my awesome husband is right next to me with his laptop on his lap just like me. These are good moments!

Today has been really great! I "Shadowed" another friend photographer today while she took photos of a newborn baby boy. Watching two different people conduct photo shoots has actually been really beneficial to me, I get a chance to see different mannerisms and different techniques and have a great basic starting point for what might work for me. I am so very, very thankful to both of my photographer friends for being so generous and non-catty :) You two know who you are! My photo of the day is one of the ones I took today, not my props or my setup so I can't take much credit other than the photo itself and editing, but I definitely think it's blog worthy!! And here is a bit of awesome-ness for you, my first newborn shoot is already scheduled! Monday afternoon I will get to photograph a little Ella and I absolutely cannot wait, I am already going crazy picking and planning my props and goodies for her. <3

This morning while I was at the photo shoot, Derrick took the kids to a cool shindig in a neighboring town called Touch-A-Truck. It was at the mall, and in the parking lot were 4 big trucks that the kids could climb in and pretend to drive. Fire truck, police car, and two others...I think a tow truck? I don't know, something cool I'm sure. Cael absolutely loved it! He told me he sat in the back of the police car, where they put the bad guys. I asked him if that was cool and if it made him want to grow up to be a bad guy, and luckily...he said no. :) Our afternoon was spent playing games on the wii together, video chatting with some family on the west coast, and getting thrown into the bathtub while the kids were taking a bath. That last one is thanks to my husband who, along with Cael, though it was just hilarious.

Goodnight everyone! I hope this weekend turns out to be a good one :) Oh, another thing I wanted to mention: As of today, my husband is on leave! Cool news for us because he gets 2 weeks off of work, bad news is that the reason he gets it is because he is about to deploy. Enjoy it while we can, right? It's going to be so nice to have him home every day! Tomorrow's adventure is going to be to dump out our 8 ft pool and clean it so we can swim again. Someone (don't look at me....) didn't get a skimmer, and doesn't remember anytime he/she is at the store, so our pool acts as a bug and grass magnet. Bleck.

Alright! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment