First time to the Commissary

June 30th,

So we have lived here since December 2009, and I had never shopped at the Commissary on post for groceries. Most military families ONLY shop there. No tax, plus lower prices. Seems like a no brainer? I have no idea why I never went before, it just seemed too out of the way when we lived at our old house, when Kroger was right down the street. Now that we are in our new house, and have been for a year, I guess it was just out of habit that I still went to Kroger. Well, for most things anyway. I always make two trips when shopping. Kroger for just about everything, and then WalMart for dog food and cheese lol. One thing Middle Tennessee knows nothing about....cheese! Sorry, but the cheese here stinks. On the West Coast we have Tillamook. And Bandon. Here we have Kraft, or Great value. Blah! I am not a fan at all, I really miss my good cheese. Walmart has another brand though, I can't remember what it's called right now but it's decent so that's why I get my cheese there. Anywhoo, back to my point, today we decided to go to the commissary. A new one just got built a few weeks ago and since we will be leaving soon, we figured we better at least see what all the fuss is about. Holy crap. People everywhere! BUT, we saved a TON of money. We spent $176 on a cart full of groceries that usually costs about $200-$220 at the other store. That's enough to make me happy for sure. On the downside, it was 5 bajillion degrees out today and that was really miserable. It didn't matter what store we shopped at, that didn't change the weather, I'm just saying getting out of the house was no fun. When we got inside the store, the walk from our car had completely deteriorated my mood and I was a grumpy gus for the first 10 minutes of our shopping. After the A/C found it's way into my bloodstream I was fine and gave Derrick a big hug and said I was sorry I snapped about us not needing a stupid watermelon because we will forget to cut the damn thing and it will take up too much room in the garbage can. All was great until we walked BACK OUT to the car after the shopping was done. I snapped at Derrick again about him eating one of Averi's fruit snacks (like it matters? lol geez, I'm such a B word...) and he looked at me and said "ONE PASS! One pass through this heat and your mood is completely done for!" LOL...at least he still loves me and knows I'm not always like that. It's this DARN HEAT! It's not a nice heat....it's sticky, and it frustrates my brain. Bleck. I'm ready to be in Washington already. Sometimes you know you want to go, where everybody knows your name. And friends are always glad you came. Did you sing that? I did :) Ok, enough.....I'm not 100% sure what this blog was supposed to be about. Picture tomorrow! Promise! And maybe some make up pictures if I'm feeling super spunky.

No comments:

Post a Comment